Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends! I know it's kind of late for a thanksgiving recipe but I made this new sweet potato recipe yesterday and it turned out pretty good. I was looking for a sweet potato recipe to make for a get together and I found a lot of different ones. The first one I saw sounded really good but it was over 500 calories a serving! I couldn't believe it! I finally found one that has a different twist. I must admit, though, my favorite is the one with the marshmallows on top. But this one is pretty good.

I adapted this recipe from one I found on eatingwell.com.

Spiced Mashed Sweet Potatoes

4 lbs sweet potatoes (4-5 large)
2 T butter
4 T pure maple syrup
1 T chili powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp allspice

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce each potato with a fork. Place directly on oven rack and bake until soft, about 1 hour. Let cool 10 mins or long enough to handle. Slip skins off and place in large bowl. Add butter and mash. Add maple syrup, chili powder, ginger, salt, pepper, and allspice; stir to combine. About 12- 1/2 cup servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment