Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Beginning to Run

Here is a walk to run schedule I found in my husband's Runner's World magazine. I used it a couple years ago. You do each one 3-4 times a week. I stretched out even more and did each line 4 times a week for two weeks. Then I moved on to the next line.

If you are like me, a schedule helps. That way, I can have something to check off (me and my type a personality! got to have a plan, right?).

Run 2 mins, walk 4 mins. Repeat five times.
Run 3 mins, walk 3 mins. Repeat five times.
Run 5 mins, walk 2.5 mins. Repeat four times.
Run 7 mins, walk 3 mins. Repeat three times.
Run 8 mins, walk 2 mins. Repeat three times
Run 9 mins, walk 2 mins. Repeat twice, then run 8 mins.
Run 9 mins, walk 1 min. Repeat twice.
Run 13 mins, walk 2 mins. Repeat twice.
Run 14 mins, walk 1 min. Repeat twice.
Run 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment