Friday, March 23, 2012

More bars...

After trying the peanut butter bars, I had to try a couple other flavors. It took me a while to post them since I had quite a busy week last week with the resale I was working at and then this week, I was recovering! I haven't worked that hard in a while!

I made Cranberry Pistachio bars and Chocolate Coconut. The coconut ones taste like Mounds bars. They both are really good. These freeze really well. They don't get rock hard.


Cranberry Pistachio Bars

1/4 cup raw, unsalted almonds
1/4 cup pistachios, shelled
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup dates

Process nuts and oats in food processor. Add cranberries and dates and process until finely chopped. Press mixture into a 8x8 dish lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for an hour.


Chocolate Coconut Bars

1/2 cup raw, unsalted almonds
1/2 cup dark chocolate
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup dates

Process nuts, chocolate, and coconut in food processor. Add salt and dates and process until finely chopped. Press mixture into a 8x8 dish (or something similar) lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for an hour.


Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip (a smaller batch than the previous post)

3/4 cup unsalted peanuts
1/2 cup dark chocolate
1 cup dates

Process nuts and chocolate in food processor. Add dates and process until finely chopped. Press mixture into a 8x8 dish (or something similar) lined with wax paper. Refrigerate for an hour.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think I am finally going to make these. We need some healthier snacks and these were so good. Also seems like endless possibilities for flavors.

    ReplyDelete