Friday, September 7, 2012

Wow, The summer went by fast!

A few weeks ago, I tried to figure out why I haven't been able to do any posts. Then I looked at the last one I did. It was right before my son's school ended. ah-ha! That makes sense! Summer break came and since the kids don't nap anymore, I just wasn't able to get anything extra done. I decided that was ok. I was busy going places and doing things with them and by the time we got them to bed, I was exhausted and just wanted to watch a show and go to bed.

Although the summer was fun, i'm actually looking forward to having more of a solid schedule. I think the kids really need it, too.

I do have some grilling and summer recipes that I am still going to post. I've been meaning to do it all summer. It's never to late to fire up the grill!

I'm also in the middle of training for a 10k. It's been a rough couple weeks here with training with getting a tooth implant and then follow that with a head cold. I'm doing my best to get rid of it and hope it doesn't settle in my chest so I can get back to my running schedule. I'm running with some friends so we do our long runs on the weekend with each other. It's a great way to encourage and motivate each other to keep running on the hard days. But more of that later.




Here is something I did for the kid's lunch one day. I got the idea from somewhere but I can't remember where. They loved it! My son said "This is a special day!" The idea is so simple and they got such a kick out of it. I put some turkey, egg, cheese, blueberries, raspberries, carrots, cucumbers, yogurt, and some pudding. The only thing they didn't eat was the pudding. It's a good idea for something different for the everyday lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment